From:
Leighanne Tate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:31:01 +0100
Hello Everyone!

Well, I am spending the summer in the UK so I am without my 2 furkids
Buffy and Stuart for 2 and a half months!  I wanted desperately to bring
them, but importing pets to the UK is very difficult, and I didn't want
to put them through any unnecessary stress.  It's quite depressing without
them jumping around my feet, but they are safe and happy with their aunt.
Anyway, I was in a pet shop here in Birmingham and the owner has a few
ferrets for adoption... he runs a rescue for ferrets, rabbits, and guinea
pigs along with the shop.  I was there on Monday and he only had one, an
albino male which they found wandering down the A38 wearing a radio
collar... obviously an ex-hunting ferret.  When he first got this big boy
he was very nippy and unfriendly, but when my boyfriend and I were
visiting with him he was very calm and virtually no nipping just after a
week of handling.  He has just been neutered and is ready to be adopted...
he around 1.5 -2 yrs, but that is only a guess.  I would love more than
anything to add him to my family, but it can't be done easily as I would
have to get him back to the US.  If there is anyone in the Birmingham
area on the list that is interested e-mail me and I will give you the
number to contact this man.

Also I have a suggestion about the ferret gate, Tracy.  DON'T spend the
$60ish on the weasel watcher gate!  Instead, go to home depot or some
other DIY store and you will be able to buy a plastic plexi-glass sheet
for like $10-20 tops depending on the size you want.  Measure your door
width and get a sheet about 4-5 inches wider and you can just bend it
slightly into the door frame.  Make sure its at least 2 feet tall or the
weasels will be able to escape!  Also it would be a good idea to put some
kind of tape or bright thing on the top so you remember its there... I
went flying over ours one time... not fun, but Buffette and Stuart had a
laugh and a dook on top of their fallen mom... :)

hope this helps...
Leighanne & Matt (and Buffette and Stuart)