From:
Annie Styer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 18:04:42 -0400
Alicia wrote:
>Bill, I am confuces-- I though in patterns one was either a sabel or a
>blaze-- is there actually combination classes in judging now?????  It's my
>understanding that sable is a color and blaze is a pattern.  Having never
>had either of these color/patterns, I don't know for sure.  However,I do
>have 3 champagne's (cinnamons) and two of them are siamese (points).  That
>means I can show them in both champagne (cinnamon) and siamese (point)at
>shows.

  The way I understand it, there are colors and patterns and if a ferret has
both a color and pattern, it is called by both. Color listed first, then
pattern if there is one. I have a blaze that is sable therefore she is a
sable blaze. I also have a chocolate siamese. I've entered the chocolate
siamese in both specialities at shows. As far as I know there is no
"combination judging" or rings for theses ferrets. But if there was, think
how many classes there would be! Cinnamin pandas, cinnamon blazes, chocolate
siameses, chocolate pandas, chocolate blazes, sable blazes, sable pandas,
sables siameses........ That's just using three colors and two patterns.
Think of all the possibilities!
Ann
Koda, Ezra, Angel, Aimee, Rose, Jazzmine, Lil' Squeek