From:
silver fert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 18:42:49 +0000
Please help Girlie find Renny and Toby and all of their friends.  She
never knew Renny, but I know they'll be best friends.  I had to let her
go Tuesday, because things just got too bad for her and I was afraid I
couldn't pull her out of it.  I hope and pray I did the right thing for
her.  I love and miss her so terribly and am so lost without her.

Girlie was the sweetest, most loving little girl.  She was so smart and
very gentle.  She was comical.  Her coat was always so soft and silky,
despite having adrenal disease for over 2 years.  She was diagnosed with
dilated cardiomyopathy a little over a year ago and eventually things
started to change.  She had less and less energy and couldn't do her
favorite things anymore, but still managed to entertain herself and be
happy.  She loved to be held and would put her little paws on my shoulder
and try to put them around my neck sometimes.  She loved to climb my
right side after I cleaned her ears and stick her nose in my right ear
to see if mine needed to be cleaned.  There were so many special moments
with her.  She was so very trusting and let me do whatever needed to be
done, even when she didn't particularly like whatever it was.  I was the
only one who could scruff and hold her for blood draws.  That's how much
she trusted me.  I used to get kisses, lots of them, every morning until
she started feeling bad and then I got them less and less.  She gave me
kisses again one day last week and they meant the world to me.  She
couldn't wait to give them each and every morning.  That was the first
thing she did before we started our day.

I think she would have been 7yrs today.  She was a pet store rescue so
I never got any info on when she was born.  I brought her home a week
before Thanksgiving and decided her birthday must have been sometime in
September, so I decided the 15th would be good.  They were going to have
her put down due to biting and that didn't sit well with me since they
weren't even going to call a ferret shelter or have a vet check her out.
She bit me one time and one time only.  It was right after I brought her
home and was holding her on my right arm.  I was going to pet her with
my left hand and she thought I was going to hit her, which told me she'd
been hit more than a few times in the past.  I realized a few days later
that she was deaf, but nobody would've ever suspected it.  She was so
aware of everything around her and I could pick her up from a sound
sleep and it never startled her.

I know she knew how much I loved her (still do, always will) and I know
she loved me.  We were so close and I miss her so much.  I wish she'd
have gone in her sleep so I wouldn't have had to make that decision for
her, but I didn't want her to feel any worse and I was so afraid I
couldn't bring her out of it and that she would suffer.  I lost Renny 7
years ago, the 10th of September, and I wonder why I had to let Girlie
go the same month and so close to the same date.  I just hope and pray
that animals, at least companion animals, do go to heaven, because I
fully expect to see her again someday.  That's the only thing that
(barely) makes losing her tolerable.  She was so much a part of my life.
She was my life.  She was a very special little girl.  There's nothing
I wouldn't have done for her.  Nothing.

Sonya