From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:04:16 -0500
My ferrets do come when called. They all know their names pretty well,
except for Sidney, and I think he's deaf (you'd think after 3 years I'd
know, but it's hard to confirm because when we shake the raisin can, he
*always* comes at a dead run!).

Even Elektra knows her name, and she was a 3 year old adoptee when I got
her. Her old name was Laure. She even responds to "Twinkle," which our
nickname for her since she walks on "twinkle-toes."

And speaking of Elektra, she's been blind since birth (retinal nerve
damage) and for quite a few years she got along just fine. In recent
times, she does seem to have a problem with finding the walls, but I
think she's senile as well ;). After all, she's almost 8!

Before Ian died he was developing cataracts, but he seemed to adjust
okay. He just knew he'd have to get closer to see what he was trying to
look at.

BTW, Dave and I would also like to send our appreciation to the wonderful
job all the FML vets do.

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)