From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:37:01 EST
Dear FMLers..

Good news.  Rikki is doing alot better, Thank God for his favors... And
Thanks to all of you for your prayers and for the nice messages from all
who emailed me.  Hopefully Rikki comes home tomorrow.  He is still on IVs
but he is responding very well to treatment.  His liver values are slowly
returning to somewhat normal and his appetite has really picked up.  With
Rikki, this is the best news.  Rikki is almost always parked in front of
the food bowl...LOL.

The vet says all the x-ray films look normal with the exception of his
heart appearing a bit large, but it may also have been the squirming
Rikki was doing while being x-rayed!!!  There are no murmurs, and no
labored breathing and the lungs look very clear, so we don't think it is
cardiomyopathy.  Most of the time this condition is something like a birth
defect and is very fast in showing itself.  Rikki is about five now and so
far he is doing very well, fat ok , but well!!  He has been losing a bit
due to the fact that we opened a ferret room this last summer and he is
out and about alot more than he used to be.  When we visited him tonight,
he wanted down to explore..another very good sign.  Again,Thank You all!!!

Best Regards
Fred Hurd
Reno Nevada.
After All It Is For The Ferrets!!!