From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:27:24 -0500
I try not to mar the house up with a lot of drilled or nailed holes but
on the cabinets (mine do not get to the kitchen but I have a long wetbar
in the den) I went ahead and put in the screendoor hooks, they really
aren't that noticable OR I have gotten used to them.  I tried the
magnet hooks on the plexiglas gates at the den washroom doorway and the
washroom/kitchennette doorway and the kitchennett/kitchen doorway.  None
of them worked as I left enough space for the floor to shift underneith
and the gate to open without scraping the floor.  That's all it takes is
a nice set of nails, laying on ones back, getting good leverage under
where it opens (I notice they never claw on the side there are hinges)
to get it open.  THE only place the magnet lock has worked has been the
stairwell upstairs and I think it is because the gate is up against a
step.  My son just put me up another plexiglas gate to the computer room
and I have 4 ferrets in here.  They are so busy fighting (girls) they
haven't put their hearts into getting this gate open yet.

THAT is the experience of a person who lives amongst gates.  I think the
hook and eye is the best unless you have enough entertainment to keep the
ferret comptely occupied to forget all else exists

Millie and her Exploding Drinking it up Cleaningcrew