From:
Donna Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 06:42:13 -0700
- how many of you, had a couple of standard pets such as dogs or cats as
children?

- how many of you had close contact with more unusual species of animals
as children?

Yes I did have exposure to animals as a child.  I've always had cats.
I know I had several cats as a small child, one was given away by my
parents and one found his way to a neighbor's house to live.  My first
"real" cat lived with me for almost 20 years; we definitely grew up
together.  Then I moved out of my parents house, never to have cats again
because of the heartache of pet death, but adopted 2 more, then, more.

I did not have more than one cat at a time and no unusual pets, until the
past 15 years or so.

Today I have 4 cats (for the moment), and 5 ferrets (for the moment).
My husband brought our first ferrets into our home, then, well, you
know...ferret math.  (There's cat math too.) I am a much MUCH better pet
parent as an adult than I was as a child.

By the way, I was an only child growing up, my much older sister moved
out of the house when I was about 5 and I have no skin kids and NEVER
WILL.  I will always be an animal person and enjoy the ongoing process of
learning about ferrets and the friendship of other ferret parents!

Per previous survey: ear piercings only, 4 tattoos, no vivid hair color
anymore.  I've settled down (hee hee).  donna