Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:45:52 -0400
It is very difficult for those that were not involved in the rescue to
u nderstand the emotions and memories that will never leave us. I was
one of the few that physically help move the 586 ferrets from the farm
to their new temporary home. We were up all night making sure each and
every ferrets had a safe place to stay and plenty of food and water.
They were scared of us as we were of them, I never had a need to handle
ferrets with thick gloves before that night. But they took to us
quickly and realized we weren't going to hurt them. The gloves came
off in a short time.

I was fairly new to the ferret community at the time and was totally
amazed at how fast everyone came together to help. People showed up
to scoop the poop, supplies just started showing up and the future
of those ferrets were a top priority to so many people. I am still in
awe of the whole situation and very proud to have been a part of it.