From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1992 00:04:39 -0400
> ...  Bill?  This may actually be a thing for *you* to set up, for
> for when I'm away, this machine may go down and stay down.

I can set up something if you'd like, but I'm not 100% clear what it is
that people want.  If you give me a bunch of addresses I can give you an
address which receives the mail and automatically redistributes to that
list (using LISTSERV for those familiar with it).  My main concern with
this is that people might view this as another ferret list - or even THE
ferret list - and we all know that there is only ONE ferret list and
Chris runs it like only Chris can!

Anyhow, it'll take me all of 5 minutes to set up the redistribution since
most of it is in place already because of the back-issue file server.  If
that's what you folks want I'd be glad to set it up, or perhaps someone
has other suggestions.

Could also moderate it and only allow "disaster related" postings, but
that would delay things that arrive during the few hours that I'm not
crazy enough to be signed on.  Or Chris, do you want me to redistribute
ALL the ferret stuff for the 2 weeks you are away?  (In which case I would
set things up differently, though I don't think that's what people are
thinking of).

Bill