From:
"E. Callisto" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:40:25 EST
Hi, this is the second time I post on FML.  We are a bit concerned about
our six months old sable girl, Tinky (short for Tinkerbell).  Tinky used to
love eating wet canned cat food, especially Friskies.  But suddenly, about
several weeks ago, she stopped eating it.  She eats her regular hard food
fine.  We feed her Kitten Chow and she loves them dearly.  We've never had
problems with that.  She much prefers the chows over ferret food.  Anyhow,
no matter how we try to be creative with feeding her the wet food, (we've
tried mixing it in duck soup, mixing it -dry- with her Kitten Chow, warming
it up, grinding it into mushy bits, giving it to her in square cubes...
etc.) but she doesn't eat it.  She'll sniff it very curiously but wouldn't
eat it.  Does anybody know why?  We've tried switching brands and tried
five different brands and flavors, but that doesn't work either!  Help,
we're very concerned!

Other than that, I read and hear about so many ferrets "dooking" like
crazy.  Tinky doesn't dook very often, and it's at very random times.
Sometimes we'll say, "NO!" because she does something naughty, and she'll
go dooking.  She hisses occasionally too - is this okay?

We don't know why she doesn't dook so much, because we give her SOOOO much
attention, and we play with her lots.  We give her lots of toys, and we
even make her toys.  We are planning to get her a little boy ferret in two
months, but until then, what can we do?  Why isn't she dooking a lot?  Is
she sad or unhappy?  *Sigh* Maybe we're not being good parents?

Please, if you had any experiences like this, e-mail us.  Thanks in
advance!!

ECallisto & our ferret Tinky