From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:29:12 -0400
It is with sadness I report this.  The Animal pound where the ferret is
being held will not release the ferret to us.  They will not even tell
the owner of the ferret we are interested in taking the ferret in.

They say that because the ferret attacked the baby, it's aggressive and
should be killed.  They will recommend the owner euthanises it, not give
it to our shelter.

I know that I ask a lot of you, but please let me ask again.  The animal
control doesn't realize ferrets are domesticated animals and I am asking
for us ferret lovers to call them to urge the release of the ferret to us
instead of euthanising it.  Their phone number is (905)427-8737 The Manager
is Sophie (there is no time for letters)

also, please e-mail the Durham paper that reported ferrets as "rodents who
are only good for hunting" at [log in to unmask] asking for the release of
the ferret into our hands.  If they do a story on the ferret, the owner may
hear of us and call us to give up her ferret.

It would be a tragic end to a tragic story if this ferret losses it's
life :o(

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our fuzzy friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter by clicking here.