From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:28:03 -0600
My dearest loveable Oscar
It's that very special day coming Sunday and this day is for lovers.  It's
a little harder just sending a card than on Christmas or other holidays
cause we are supposed to be able to hold paws on this day.

But it's wonderful we get to send cards and write and think, hun?  I wrote
Skeeter and asked him to watch out for you like a guardian angel He told me
you have a guardian angel of your very very own cause you really do need
one.  He sure is one swell angel and he knows just every body and what they
are doing.  What a fine link he is between here and there, we are so lucky
to have someone around like him.

I also understand your mama has gotten a job and is busy busy busy.  She
is also taking care of a sick relative and running chores for her so I
understand how this cuts down on your computer time.  She must be a live
angel here on earth.

Lots new here.  We got a new arrival, Prell, beautiful but snobby.  She
stays bushed up over everything.  Funny thing is, all she has to do is
shasay past and it gets Cascade and Joy fighting amongst themselves.  I
don't understand that at all but its really funny.

Ajax, the poor ninny, I don't think I have EVER seen one dumber ferret.  He
is a baby and he got this little lump and goes around showing it everywhere -
if he could count he would know he should have TWO lumps!  He keeps
splashing on this yellow toilet water, as he calls it, and I mean it makes
the lining in your nose get wrinkles and brings on the tears.  We all have
bunched up like the covered wagons did to protect our beehinds so instead
of sniffing us, he spends most of his time oogling out the window at the
squirrels.

We just got two visitors in, almost twins they are, but I really haven't
noticed them.  Grandma says they are the nicest ferrets outside of us she
has ever seen, they are so well cared for.  But she says they miss their
owner who went off to Hawaii.  She got stars in her eyes when she found out
he was single, thinks he is around 25, taking his Mom with his sisters to
Hawaii, and owns these really neat boys (her words, Oscar, not mine).  I
think she is thinking of Megan in Austin with Diverish or some ferret
loving gals in that age bracket.  Says anyone that dreamy and takes that
good care of his ferrets shouldn't be wasted on anyone not into ferrets.
That's Grandma for you.

Well, here I am rambling again.  For Valentines Day, Grandma is having the
club's monthly meeting here and in will come all these ferrets for a visit.
I will have to play hostess and show them all the tunnels and play pretties
and hideyholes.  I am hoping it will be warm enough to go outside, where we
can dig.  (a funny, Oscar, Grandma has a walkway through our yard, of these
4"x8" blocks, I dug on one side and Ammonia and Cascade dug on the other
side, we almost met in the middle when we got called inside.  Grandma went
out there and when she stepped down, the blocks fell in.  We were watching
out the window and thought it was so funny cause she was going out there to
fill in our digs, and we sure get upset when she does that..  Served her
right.  But the look on her face, oh ho ho ho - you know humans do get
expressions on their faces.)

I will be thinking of you and just hugging myself pretending you are in my
grasp.  I am still waiting for a new picture though, I kissed the one I
have hanging next to my hammock when I had ferretone on my lips and Ajax
went in there and licked all the color off it.

Loves you a whole bunch, my dearest Oscar
Your crazy-in-love Easy Off via
Millie and her escavating, tunneling, landscaping noble cleaning crew
Easy Off: the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  Grandma, please put a bell on him so we know he is coming
Cascade:  Heck, we don't need no bell, we can SMELL him coming
Ajax:  The more ferrets we have around here, the less I see of them,
       where is everyone?
Dizzy: There is permanent damage in my nose, I am not going to get in a
       wrestling hold with YOU.
Joy:   Okay girls, lets keep the hindquarters together and side step at
       the count of three towards the water dish.
Prell: You all are going too fast, way too fast, gotta stay together.