Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 2009 23:26:19 -0700
Has it already been over 2 weeks? I've been with my Holland friends for
so long I think I've become Dutch. They can no longer speak Dutch in my
presence without me catching on. Well, parts, anyway. ;-)

So far it has been a whirlwind tour of the American southwest. Anja
has discovered she does not like the desert as much as I do, but
loves San Diego. Ernst has enjoyed all, but still places his San Diego
experiences at the top. They have been great traveling companions and
outstanding ambassadors for the Netherlands.

They both enjoyed San Diego so much that they have elected to spend
their final days in that location, after a quick visit to Moss Landing
and the Monterey area. If any San Diego ferret people have the ability
to give my friends a quick ferret fix, it might be appreciated. Not
saying I need a ferret fix, no no no. Not me, no sir! Ok, maybe a
little. ;-)

It looks like I will be able to drive home a bit slower than I
originally thought. I will figure out the route later this week and
post it for anyone who would enjoy a quick stop and ferret discussion.

This time spent has already been wonderful. I hardly thought of ferrets
for several weeks (except as something I was missing). I almost bought
four of the Ice Age 3 weasel beanie babies for my grandkids, but
thought I'd get them after I went home. While driving and deep in
thought, I had a Eureka moment about feral ferrets and have figured a
way to show in a scientifically valid experiment that North American
ferrets cannot got feral -- without releasing them or endangering them!
It will work and I doubt if even the CaCaLand Fishing Gestapo can argue
against it! I even know who to ask to be on the research committee. I'm
going to start looking for funding as soon as I get home. I won't hold
my breath, but I will look.

Bob C