From:
Bryan Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 14:00:21 CST
This, sadly, might be my first and last post to the list....

My name is Bryan Hall, and three weeks ag I bought a pair of absolutely
ADORABLE carpet sharks from a local pet store.  At the time, they were
thirteen weeks old, and had been altered.

Before I had bought them, I had a long talk with the Pet store owner about
ferrets, and the care of them.  One of my concerns was that since I am
single and work rather long hours, I may not be able to keep them happy.
The owner assured me that I could, because I could buy them a large cage to
keep the apartment safe, and stock it with ferret toys for them to play with
when I wasn't there.  What ferret books I could find were rather ubiquitous
on the subject, and tended to leave off saying that it really all depended
on the ferret.

When I brought them home, they took off around the room dooking up a storm.
Good lord, they were into EVERYTHING!  Boy am I glad I ferret-proofed that
room!  Herein lies my problem.  They don't dook anymore.  They're healthy as
horses, but just seem to be unhappy.  They still play when I let them out,
but it seems like they just aren't enjoying themselves anymore.

This may sound goofy, but someone I know and respect (whom sadly was not on
hand when I was considering a ferret as a companion) said that they were
acting like they were depressed.  This, as far as I know, goes so far
against the grain of what a ferret IS... well, I consider it a major
problem.  I have done everything I can to cheer them up, and while they have
gotten a little happier, they still are nowhere close to the happy frenzy
they were when I first brought them home.

That friend of mine has recommended, and I sadly must concur, that I am
either doing something wrong or that I simply cannot spend enough time with
the poor things.  Therefore, although I will miss my dear, sweet fuzzies
terribly, I must sadly try to find them a new home with someone who can make
them happier than I can.

I paid over $600 for the ferrets, cage, and toys.  I am only asking $500 for
everything.  I only humbly ask that if you are interested in my ferrets, and
end up taking them from me, that you drop me a line every once in a while to
let me know how they are doing.  I love them so much, but I must do what is
right for them, and I want them to be happy.

My email address is [log in to unmask]
My home phone is (815)363-2541
I live in Lakemoor, Illinois, which is about three miles east of McHenry.

If you respond to me via email, please use the above mentioned address.  I
am writing this note from work, and the email rarely, if ever, gets to me
here.

Respectfully,

Bryan Hall