From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:23:38 EST
This sounds a bit off topic,but it does tie in with ferrets,or one to be
exact.On DEC.22 the moon will be brighter than it's been for 133 years,this
being the winter solstice,and the moon being closer than it has for 100
years.It was one year ago on this very day that a special ferret named
Valentine went to wait at the bridge with his friend Chelsea.I guess I
won't need to light a candle,as it seems to have already been taken care
of.In honor of that unique silver fuzzie,I thought I'd share my favorite
ferret story.

I took Valentine to schools to meet the kids and educate about ferrets and
how loving care can bring rewards.My favorite and Valentines has always
been the special ed kids.They get such joy out of seeing the fuzzies and
touching them.We were visiting a group of kids, when I started to head for
one boy off by himself,and barely able to move.The teacher told me not to
bother as he would either hit Valentine,or ignore us.I went over anyway and
showed him Valentine.Val of course stuck his nose right in his face and
kissed his nose.The boys face just lit up,and a big grin got as wide as
possible.He buried his nose in Valentines fur,maybe returning the favor.I
don't know how long it took that smile to fade,but it was there when we
left.That trip to school is what inspired the haiku I wrote for Valentine.

Silver ferret knows
Who needs his love and kisses.
It's all in the heart.

For you Valentine.We miss you buddy.