From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:29:48 -0500
This is Susie Lee at The Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc. with a Huge
"amen" to Laura Robbins' statement

>I think this event has so emotionally hit people that they want to do
>something.  Any ferret is a "Katrina" ferret if you make it so.  You
>wanted to foster - You wanted to adopt?  GO TO YOUR LOCAL SHELTER!!
>Those ferrets have all been through a tragedy - being
>abused/neglected/dumped and need homes.  Everyone go get your "Katrina"
>ferret today.

Some of the folks around the Florida Panhandle have been coming through
for several of the sheltered ferrets here at the Ferret And Dove
Sanctuary, Inc. in Pensacola, Fl.

We have recently adopted out MaryJane DEW-Lovey Ferret, Carousing Carl
Ferret, Carina Blaze-Sable Ferret, SamwiseSammy Ferret, and
RinkyDinkBinkyBink Ferret each to great and kindly folks who came from
near and far to adopt their new companions, most of them to be buddied
up with the adoptors' already-owned furry kids, which tends to make the
very best adoptions.

Our population is down to a marvelously manageable 44.  If there's room
for more here, you've room for more where you are...get out there and
adopt from your local shelters!

Thank you for being who you are and for all the great good that you do!
(here we are, and, also, our PayPal buttons for the fuzzies and
feathered's...)
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html