From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:20:10 -0500
Twas quiet at the McFarlane home after their clan meeting, so unaware
of the rousing of the Sukie Creature by Isabeau, by the engagement of
a McFutzle!  Suddenly, Bilbo raises his head, his blind eyes staring
straight ahead, listening....listening.  The quiet of the night is
pierced by a blood-curdling shriek from young Galadriel.  All the clan
jumps, the Amazon ladies have their teeth bared, Eowyn is jumping around,
screeching WHAT?  LET ME AT 'EM!  Bilbo slowly gets down from his
hammock, met by Mookie and Calvin.  Although he can't see them, they bow
to him, for Clan McFarlane tis not only Scot, it has Irish in it also,
and Bilbo is the wise, all knowing Druid ferret of them all.  He is
escorted to Galadriel, who is shaking, teeth chattering.  Knowing that
Galadriel is deaf, Bilbo reaches out with his nose and touches her,
calming her instantly.  All the ferrets gather round, almost all sitting
quietly.  Eowyn and Arwyn decide that they must be ever vigilant, and
they begin to pace around the circle, guarding against what they do
not know.  Bilbo slowly reaches out a paw and touches Galadriel,
communicating to her he wishes to read her mind.  She slowly sinks down,
her eyes closing dreamily, and Bilbo lays his head next to her's, and
begins to speak: I've seen a white ferret standing at a pool of mud, a
terrible creature rising, shrieking!  What has this white ferret, this
Isabeau done????  What has she unleashed???  And I see the great robed
Oracle, attempting to look into the mist, but oh, my, she's drunk
something called Shine, and now she's flat on the ground!!!  Oh, I'm
scared, terrible things approach.  Galadriel again begins to shake, and
again Bilbo calms her.  He turns to the rest of the group, and they all
lie down to listen.  Bilbo speaks: We know not what the Sukie Creature
will do-whether she will harm us, or perhaps turn on her summoner, we
must wait.  The Oracle, unfortunately, has forgotten her capacity for
not containing anything alcoholic-I see her in a large room, drinking
something called a Tequila Sunrise, and being silly.  We must send a
note to Dippy to keep the Oracle out of the Shine.  And now, my Clan, we
must decide how to infiltrate the McFutzles, to keep a better eye upon
them, for these dreams such as Galadriel has had can be damaging to tha
untrained mind.  We need a shapeshifter.  All the ferrets are looking at
each other, questioning who has that power.  Mookie asks, Bilbo, we know
ye have not been with us long, but we know the power of the Druids and
their inner eyes.  Who amongst us could shape shift into a McFutzle, and
why would we want to-we are the McFarlanes!  We dinna wish to look like
a McFutzle!  Bilbo smiles and says there are those in our house who can
shape shift, the most unassuming of our pets!  All look at each other,
while Eowyn and Arwen begin dancing and chanting Unassuming pet,
unassuming pet, where do we get the unassuming pet!!  Tis then that
Bilbo turns his head, raises his voice and says: COME HERE FOR YOU KNOW
WHO YOU ARE!

Highland Rebecca, scribe of the Clan McFarlane Ferrets, aka the Crew of
Merry Mayhem

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste
 good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"