From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:44:25 -0700
Living in Oregon with redwoods 50-100 ft. high, the mountains down to
the rocky sea, and neighbors who made pilgrims to my house to play with
the ferrets--this is now history.

Now it emailing Gov Arnold, writing letters, seeing that my 2 and 4 year
old gra nd daughters wrote heart wrenching letters with pictures showing
them hugging an d kissing the ferrets.

In Oregon, I drove to CaCaLand to work at the DA's office 5 days a week
and saw hundreds of hawks, but never one at my house.  Now I am in the
middle of a sprawl ing city and have about 30 pines, oaks, sycamore, and
elm trees, many 40 ft high and I have my own personal hawk.  I can not
take the ferrets out in the backyard , and they are illegal in the front
yard, and on the side I have a neighbor who has been threatening me about
illegal ferrets because I fired her 38 year old so n that she talked me
into hiring as a gardener.

OK, this is partly my fault because when she first asked, red flags shoot
up and I ignored them, took pity on her for having a son that still lived
with her.  In three weeks he managed to do over $500 worth of damage to
the pool, the sprinkl er system, and broken statues.  I also spent two
hours cleaning up the pool and p atio after he left each week.

Is there any way to chase a hawk away?  What about a neighbor?  Sigh!
Thanks for l etting me vent.

[XY]