From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 1994 09:54:54 -0500
> Issue number: 710          Date:      Jan 27 199
> ---------------------------------------
> From: [log in to unmask] (Sarah Stockwell)
>        The owners apparently walk their ferrets on the beach in the evening,
> as some people do with their dogs.  I

        I tried walking my ferrets on the beach.  Boy do they hate the
beach.  The sound of the waves and the giant killer pelicans flying over
head scared the day lights out of them.  Also when I got back home they
brought around 15-20 fleas each.  I realy do wish they'ld like the beach,
I can always give them a bath as soon is we got home.

> head!  Little tube socks with feet walking on the beach.  I couldn't stop

        L.O.L.
> ---------------------------------------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To Rochelle concerning switching form kitten to cat food as animals age -
> "Food for thought....."

        Thanks for the information.  Our shelter has several older ferrets,
6-8 that are still on kitten food.  We were kind of told if they're not
over wieght to keep them on kitten food.  I still don't have to worry for
a few more years. Mako 1.5 and Sebastian just over 2 years old. Then again
it may take me about three or four years to get Mako to try it.  May be I
should have named him Morris.  Although as I recall for a finicky cat
Morris seemed to eat any thing you put in front of him.  Maybe it was
a stunt double. :-)
> ---------------------------------------

> From: [log in to unmask]
> aren't supposed to feed ferrets food with fish meal in it on a daily
> basis.

        I've heard the same things myself.  I realy don't have to worry,
I only use Science Diet for my guys.  Even when I bread cats a few years
back I only used S.D.  I wouldn't even feed my cats a fish based product.
I heard to many stories of the way they pack and treat fish byproducts
slated for pet foods.  If by chance S.D. ever puts fish meal in it's
products I will change.

> was said.  I've gone with Science Diet and had no problems but I was
> just wondering if I had misunderstood this facts.

        I almost tried Iams a while back.  When S.D. changed to a new
improved flavor, Mako wouldn't touch it.  He didn't eat for two days.
I was starting to think he was going to starve himself death. On the
other hand Sebastian jumped right in as if it were the same thing.
He'll eat anything. :)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>         I am curious if anyone has had any problems lately with their
> ferrets not eating their Iams dry cat food.  We had been using Iams kitten
> Ciao - Dave and the girls

        See above^^^^^^^^^^^

> ---------------------------------------
>

> Duncan the Lion-hearted
> Ferris with an attitude
> Punkin who thinks she's a BIG DOG
> Kelly who thinks the whole thing is ridiculous and FAR beneath her cat-self
> Cheryl the human(?) toy to all of the above

        Hope things come out okay for Duncan.  Good luck and best wishes.

> The end of part 2,
>
> Next...part 3, "The Battle".
> Stay tuned, same time, same channel. :-)
> Michelle and The MASKeteer's.

        We'll/I'll be waiting. :) :)

>   Anybody know why he loves to literally "hit the bottle?"
>      Kate Pappas and Emmett Kelly Point-3

        Maybe he likes the noise?  I haven't used a water bottle in a long
time.  The only time I do is if I'm on long car trips 1500+ miles.  I'll
stick a water bottle to the side of the carry cagge.  Mine love to play
dive ferret in the bowl.  It's pretty neat to see a ferret stick his head
under and look for what ever may be at the bottom.  I don't know it's a
mistery to me.  Summer time fun is bobbing for ice cubes.

now.

        Have a good weekend every one.  Sorry for rambling on but work is
slow.

        Brad, Sebastian, and Mako