From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:04:12 -0400
>>About two years ago one of my ferrets died rather mysteriously and
>>quickly, within one month.  She developed rear hind weakness and
>>eventually a lump(?) the size of a golf ball on the top of her head.  By
>>that time she was in so much pain and I was told she would die w/in two
>>weeks that she had to be euthanized.  By my own choice I agreed to send
>>her lifeless body to a ferret expert so that he/she could necropsy her.
>   ----------------------------------------------
>
>You absolutely have every right to seek out those answers- but I wonder
>at this point if this person who tested the remains who was not able to
>produce his findings in a timely fashion- and you were sent them at this
>point, could you trust the report, or anything his says in the matter-

We have once been in a situation in which a pathology report was lost in
transit (not hte patholgist's fault).  Since this can happen with the
internet (which is where the expression "lost in the ether" comes from,
the mail, or other forms of communication it's a possibilyt that has tobe
considered.  Don't hink that worst until there is cause enough.  We have
been waiting some time for a report from auniversity person on the
skeletal aberrations of one of our;s but it's okay; the person has to be
quiet becuase of papers involving her and because personal health demands
intervened and each of us is just human so...

When my dad was in his 20s a local woman wnet missing and a ransom norte
was sent saying more info would be coming; no further norte showed u[p
and the locals blamed the husband and their maid so the two left the
area.  Around thiry years later when I was of a simialr age to what Dad
had been back then the post office moved.  The missing ransom note was
found behind an old cabinet.  (Three Village Heradl and some other papers
did quite some stories on it.)  Things do get lost in transit.

I'm exhausted.

Sev' surgery today had some unexpected and unpleasant surprises.  Won't
go into them now.  Have to learn more and ned some sleep very badly.