Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:22:13 -0500
I just wanted to say thank you to Bob C. I am enjoying his very educational
posts.  This isn't new information to me (There was a report a year or
two ago that stated that the life expectancy of an outdoor cat is 5 years,
whereas an indoor only cat is 15 years and up.  And this is in regards
to a domestic species!) but I do still like to read about it when it's
so well written and explained.  My one burning question now is what are
the environmental factors that are prevalent in North America that are
contributing to the high incidence of adrenal disease.  What can we change
in our environment to help lessen the incidence rate?

Just a quick comment in regards to Pat Wright in California.  I agree
with Renee that I cannot condone holding a knife against a police officer.
I understand standing against injustice, but as Renee says, he knowingly
was breaking the law, stupid as that law is.  I certainly understand his
anger and pain, but his reaction was just not smart.  He's not in jail
for keeping ferrets; he's in jail for threatening a police officer with a
weapon.  It's not the same thing.  I think that if I were in California,
I'd invest in some hefty padlocks and padlock the cages closed if anyone
came to my door.  That and I'd have a safe house arrangement set up with
other ferret friends so I could whisk my kids away to safety at the first
sign of trouble and they could do the same.  (A sick, fun thing to do would
be to put stuffed ferrets into the empty cages for when the bad guys come
in, but that's just me being silly.)

To Deb: Now that you mention it, Java yawns when I scritch him too.  I
haven't really noticed the others doing it tho.  Then again, Java is the
only one who lets me scritch him when he's laying down or curled in his
donut bed.  All the others jump up when I come into the room to play with
them.  Maybe they yawn because they get so relaxed when they're scritched?
I can't explain it either.

Time to go back to work. Cheers to all!

Anastasia Kidd
home email: [log in to unmask]