From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:11:42 -0400
This is one of those "meant to be" stories....

I was suppose to go to Ashland, OR this past weekend to visit my 2
daughters at SOU but just wasn't feeling up to the long trip so I
didn't go.

I was suppose to go into Joanns Fabric Friday night while the 3 girls
went prom dress shopping at the mall. Instead we went to a specialty
dress shop (yikes) where 2 of them got dresses. I was tired by then
(and broke) so they went to the mall alone looking for shoes.

So Saturday I went to Joanns looking for a bit of fleece to make a
little something for the ferret in Maine named Baby whose story was on
the FML. Then I saw some fleece that I thought would match some fleece
that Chris had sent to me to make things for the OR Ferret Shelter. I
went to the cutting table and there was a lady I had never seen before.
She unrolled the "blizzard" fleece and I told her 5 yards.....

She asked if I was making some "blankies".

I said "No, ferret bedding."

She grabbed my arm (HARD) and said.... "Want one?"

"HUH?"

"DO YOU WANT A FERRET???"

"Um....ya?"

She then grabbed me, hugged me and said she told her boss when she came
to work that day she hoped SOMEONE wanting a ferret would walk through
the door. Her daughter's boyfriend was tired of his ferret and told
her he was going to snap it's neck and hook it into a crab pot for
Dungeness crab bait. The woman was hiding the ferret at her house after
finding him stuck in a corner with no food or water. After talking to
me she immediately called her daughter at home and said" DON'T LET
ANYONE TOUCH THAT FERRET UNTIL I GET HOME.....NO ONE...DO YOU HEAR
ME???"

After the woman's shift ended we met in the mall parking lot. I told
the woman I could give her a list of references..."NO, just take him!"
The woman pushed the rusty cage with filthy hammies, cedar shavings and
a slimey water bottle into my boyfriend's car and said "He bites!" She
then gave me a box of odds and ends including more filthy hammocks, a
nearly empty bag of cheap WAL*MART food, a bag of weird litter that
looks like "pearls", an empty paper towel roll...and a parakeet ladder!
She quickly jumped into her van and left. I felt like I had just been
involved in some conspiracy of sorts.

When I looked into the car, a shaking all over white male ferret was
looking at me. When I got to the house I immediately opened the cage
and picked him up. He wrapped all 4 paws tightly around one arm (ouch
from the LONG nails) and began kissing the other arm. I cuddled with
him for a long time. He's young, gorgeous (even with the coarse dry
fur), large, deaf, sweet, a real kisser and he loves me....really
loves me!

Nancy and her 10 who had horrible nightmares all night of a beautiful
white ferret tied to a crab pot drifting deeper and deeper into the
ocean......I was told I kept someone awake talking and hollering......
oh well