From:
E- Z Huston Jewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:53:18 -0800
This is cross post with permission.  Please can someone help these ferrets.
If you can please contact: "Richard " <[log in to unmask]>  He is the
person with the origional post.  Please dont let these guys spend Christmas
in the pet shop.  Thank you

EZ
Pockwockie Crossing

Hi all  (I also posted this to APF)...

Went to a local pet store today ("Doggie Dons" here in Northport, New
York).  There was a cage with four ferrets in it, one with obvious advanced
adrenal disease.  The kid at the counter informed me that somebody had
dropped all four off in the middle of the night at the pet store and that
they were taking care of them.  While it appears they mean well, they are
very ferret illiterate and this boy needs surgery.  When I informed the
kid this, he said he would tell the owner but I find it doubtful.  In fact,
he tried to tell me it was just an old ferret and how could I know he had
tumours just from looking at him.

Is their anything I can do other than ask for the ferret and pay for the
surgery?  I am convinced nothing will happen unless somebody intervenes.
My vet bills have been astronimical this year with Tristan.  Will a ferret
shelters, vets, etc get involved in something like this.  Also, they guys
have obviously been together awhile and I don't want to see them split up.
Also, my boy Tristan does not mind kits but wants nothing to do with older
ferrets other than his sister.

Rich