From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 13:13:04 -0600
In FML issue 1491 "Michael Dutton, DVM, DABVP" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I just checked the c/d bag to double check and on the dry food, brewers rice
>is listed first. I still consider this a poor long term diet for ferrets.

I got the ingredients from an information sheet on c/d (I don't have a bag
handy, though I thought I had checked there too and it was the same; but
perhaps I am mis-remembering).  The sheet lists them as follows:

Poultry By-Product Meal, Ground Corn, Brewer's Rice, Animal Fat, etc).

However as BIG pointed out, just because poultry constitutes more than any
other *single* ingredient doesn't mean the food is mostly poultry (could
be 20% poultry, 19% corn, 18% rice, etc).

Anyway, I will err on the side of caution and will not consider c/d when
choosing a permanent diet. Thanks Dr. Dutton.

--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to Cassidy and Sammy
With loving memories of my dear departed Buddy