Date:
Fri, 7 May 2010 09:44:27 -0800
Up until 2008 my birthday was celebrated on January 1, the date I
entered this world. I still celebrate, because it is fun - especially
now that the younger nieces and nephews are old enough to enjoy it!
But, now I celebrate a second time every year. And, my second birthday
of the year is this Saturday.

Why? Because, this time just two years ago . . .
I was reminded what friendship is.
I learned what really matters.
I met some wonderful people.
My life was changed.

For, one year ago tonight I suddenly lost control of my life. I lost
Gandalf. I lost the past. But I found the future - and, more
importantly, I found the present.

It is hard to believe all that has transpired in the past two years.
I found that the ferret community really does help its own, and that
family is always there. As time passed, my head got clearer. And, I
thought it was clear after the wreck! lol I am sure I said and did
some really strange things.

I bought another vehicle - with your help - on my sister's birthday.
I couldn't take it with me to Alaska because of time constraints. She
wrecked it in January 2009. I once more had no car! I can laugh at the
irony now. I ended up getting another Exlporer last April. I moved to
Alaska - a place I had always wanted to visit. I hate the cold, but
have learned to tolerate the sub-zero temperatures. I have come to
appreciate that the poor are not all in foreign countries. I have a new
appreciation for those who live WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out in the burbs.
And I understand more already about the land and man's relationship
to her. I wish you could all come visit - it is so amazing.

To those of you who contributed to my recovery - emotional, financial
or otherwise, thank you. Please be gentle with each other. You are
wonderful people and I am so glad you are a part of my life. For
everything, once more, thank you. To those new people who are a part
of my life and contribute to my growth, I am glad you are a part of
my life, too. For everything, than you. To those I have yet to meet,
I am so looking forward to it. I just can't wait!

Renee

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we