Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:51:03 EDT
Hello Everyone,

I ask you to please keep our Skittles in your prayers. Tuesday night we
had to get the Vet out for her. I was at the Ferret Vets in Pittsburgh
when my daughter called me on my cell telling me that she had to call
the vet to make an emergency call.

Seems that Skittle's who is blind had cut her eye open not sure how she
did it or if one of the other horses bit her. They seemed to be getting
along OK lately but you just never know with that Stallion.

The vet came out and he had to stitch up her eye. She is on medicine
for now and is also confined to her stall and can only come out on a
lead rope.

This is the same horse that I have been trying to find a replacement
home for her because of this Stallion. When we took her in I never
thought we would have the problems getting them adjusted to each other
as we do. We took her because we didn't want to see an 8 year old horse
go to an auction where God only knows what would of happened to her.
She came blind in one eye and limited vision in the other. Now
according to the vet she is blind in both eyes.

I really would like to find her a place where she can live out her life
in peace and safety of other horses not picking on her. We have to
watch the weather because if is goes to rain we must make sure she is
put in the stall or the others won't let her in the barn.

I was going to send this out yesterday but forgot until I got a call
from the vet letting us know that our bill for her is $266.00... I was
worried it was going to be more. Please pray for funds to pay for her
bill and pray also that we can somehow get this stallion gelded this
year.

With all the cost of keeping them fed and their shots money is limited
just like it is for the ferrets and the rescued dogs and cats that we
have. Losing my job sure did put a damper in our income.

If anyone knows of a horse rescue that would take her please let me
know we are in New Castle, PA . I don't want to do this but as long as
I have this stallion it is best for her, that she finds another home.
Until then we will do the best we can to keep her safe.

I really pray that she cut her self some other way and that the
stallion Blaze or Tessa didn't do this to her.

I do trust the LORD for all our care the fuzzies and fur kids included
and God always comes through for us. Just need you to keep us in prayer
especially Skittles right now that her eye will heal up OK.

Thank You all for your Prayers
God Bless You

Helen