From:
JEAN A BUSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 11:31:01 -0500
Hello FML'rs, glad to be back again.

I was wondering if someone might have had similar experiance and maybe
some suggestions.  One of my babies - Weazer (who is around 6 yrs old) had
developed a swelling under his right eye lid a little over a year ago.  At
first the vet thought it might be a prolapsed tear duct such as is common
in smaller breeds of dogs.  We removed as much as could be removed without
risking his eye & hoped that was what it was.  Unfortunately, it regrew and
a biopsy was taken with the second (& more extensive) removal.  The biopsy
came back as a tumor.  We kept fingers crossed that the second removal and
cauterization of the vessels would be sufficiant.  It wasn't.  Last week
we had to do surgery again and this time we lost the eye as so much of the
optical nerves & vessels were involved which is something that I had
anticipated would happen.  This also allowed the vet to be able to remove &
cauterize more of the affected area but we aren't sure that it will stop
the growth, especially as it is so close to the brain and the vet could
only go so far back.  He is remarkable well & active despite a third go
around with this.  In fact, you'ld never know anything was wrong.  He has
already adjusted quite well to being left side sited only and is very
anxious to get back with the rest of his friends.

Has anybody else had any experiance with this and have some suggestions
that might help in putting the growth into remission?

thanks in advance
Jean & the fuzzy bundle