From:
Pam Adey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:38:09 EDT
After letting the ferrets out for a while, I heard my son say "Oh no!" He
then came running to me and said "Mom you're not going to like seeing
what the ferrets have done."

OK, so visions of what is the worst they are capable of doing, was going
on in my head as he led me to the bathroom.  It seems the under-the-sink
cabinet door had not been shut tight enough to engage the child (ferret)
proof latch.  Trust my ferrets to find this error in judgment; and take
full advantage!  I found the door thrown wide open.  Almost the entire
contents of the cabinet were thrown out and strewn on the floor.  Rolls
of toilet paper were shredded to the core and beyond recognition.  Soap
bars had been ripped from their packaging and sample bites taken out of
each one.  Bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotions and potions were
upside down, but thankfully closed.  Bottle opening, is something the
ferret haven't mastered yet.

OK, so where are my individually wrapped maxi pads and the bag that they
came in?  I know that they were stored under there, before the cabinet
was ransacked.  So here I go on the "Maxi pad treasure hunt."

Favorite hiding place # 1; under the couch?  Nope they didn't make it
that far yet.  Favorite hiding place #2; closet?  I find two pads.  (I'm
getting warmer)  Favorite hiding place #3; under the bed.  BINGO!  A
dozen pads scattered under there.  Why ... they were even kind enough to
remove some from the individual wrapping!  Oh, thank you ferrets!  Very
nice of you two.  Now, help me find the bag that they all came in, so I
can put them back!  Two days later I find the empty bag, it did
eventually make it's way to under the couch.

"Mr. Bandit, you're a boy, so even if you were a human, you wouldn't need
these things!"

"Miss Baby, Yes you're a girl, but you've had a complete hysterectomy, so
even if you were a human, You wouldn't need these things either!"

"So why are you two collecting them?"

"They are not shiny; they don't have the rubbery texture to give yourself
an intestinal blockage with."

"So why?"

"Why!?!"