From:
Michael Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:58:32 -0400
>From:    Lorraine Miller <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Almost time for euthanasia?
>
>... I believe in rare cases of euthanized animals injected intervenously
>some been known to wake from the "euthanasia" a day or so later -- it is
>very rare for this to happen and even more unlikely in a small animal, but
>not something anyone wants to have happen.

I don't even want to think about something like this ever happening, though
it seems to me someone here (it may have been elsewhere, like the FHL)
posted about having their ferret euthanized and having the ferret wake on
the way home.  My vets have always listened for the heartbeat to stop
before declaring the animal passed on.  At that point, I don't see any
way that it could wake from the euthanasia.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc
*