From:
Paul Sadek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:57:59 +0000
Hi, all!  I just had to write to announce a local outbreak of that dreaded
ferret math in my household!  Last weekend, while visiting Minneapolis, we
met a 12-week-old dark-eyed white guy who ended up coming home with us.  His
name is now Sidney, and he is going to be a gorgeous BIG boy (he's already
bigger than our other two weasels, Daisy and Zeke).  He's a bit of a nipper,
but he seems to be responding to the "scruffing and hissing" discipline, so
I'm not concerned about that.

My concern is his poop!  It's about the right color--perhaps a *touch*
lighter--but it's moderately loose and mucousy.  He has gone through some
major changes in his life in the last week: Moving from the pet shop to my
mother's house for a day, then going on a four-hour car trip back to Sioux
Falls, South Dakota (where we live), moving into our home, becoming
acquainted with Zeke and Daisy, and changing foods (we feed Iams kitten);
with all of this, I am suspecting stress as a major factor, but today is
Friday, and he has been at our house since Sunday evening, and his poops
have been consistently as described.

Otherwise, he seems in good health: He eats well, plays and dances, and is
rapidly learning that he is at the bottom of the pecking order in spite of
his size.

Does the poop seem reasonable for the amount of change which Sidney has
recently been through?  Or should I suspect something else?

Paul Sadek
Visit The Sadek Pet Gallery at http://ww2.sd.cybernex.net/~psadek/pets.html