From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 11:09:49 -0500
Okay, folks.  Bill is certainly right about the tiresome recent flaps, so
let's just go to PAX ON LIST and get on to the uplifting focus we do BEST:
HELPING FERRETS.

Here's YOUR chance to get others involved in those areas you consider most
important by posting YOUR top three 1998 RESOLUTIONS TO HELP FERRETS!!!!
Say what you would like to help accomplish, why you want to help this become
reality, and if you have some possibly interesting ideas for how to make the
dream become reality then post those as well.

Remember, YOU have the ability to look into which researchers study what
types of illnesses and to try to interest one in studying the illnesses you
consider important.  YOU have the ability to collect information and have an
informative web page on a ferret topic you think should be tackled.  YOU
have the ability to start fund raisers in your community for local shelters.
In fact, you have a great MANY abilities, so what things would you like to
tackle and why?

I'm going to continue trying to do my share of the scud-work needed to make
sure that as many states, territories, and such are as aware as possible
about the 1998 Compendium, and continue to thank the folks who have worked
so long and more than I have to make this possible and who have been of
incomparable value in helping me figure out how to do my bit of work in this
regard, and plan to also copy and send on the information which comes in a
new resource I'm expecting soon to others, as well as send on the info I get
in from the departments questioned.  (Whew -- poorly worded, but you get
it...)

I'd like to be sure that MF and the pharmaceuticals are aware of the many
state policy changes to protect ferrets.  (MAF is already getting the
original letters.)

We'll be doing what we can to help funding for health research for ferrets.

Sukie