From:
Jamie Irwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:45:31 -0400
I just read a post from a person stating that Vets are only in it to make
money.  I hope for your animals sake, if your vet is that way, you find
another vet.  My vet cried right along with my husband and myself last
December when we lost a 17 year old cat.  (mind you, he never saw/treated
that cat as it was my husbands so he went to another vet, extenuating
circumstances made us bring him to my vet) My vet also asks about
everyone of my animals when I am there and generally cares to know.  This
past July my husband and I found an abandoned dog out side of a house his
mother, a realtor, had shown.  The dog is very old, most of her teeth
broken off, toe nails were so long they curled under and into her paw
pads, she had no food or water and was very thin and covered in mats.  My
vet took her in and did every test imaginable and cleaned her up, gave
her all meds needed and only charged me for his costs.  No extra to make
money.  Please know that i am not trying to start an argument, I am just
letting you know that all vets are not money hungry.  I have actually
never seen a vet act like that and I have used six vets over 10 years.
How you feel about vaccinating is your choice and your right, but do not
put money hungry vets in peoples head.  It hurts our fuzzies and all
other animals in the process.

Jamie