From:
Milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:52:42 -0600
Yesterday I did get to mail beds to: Castroville, Ca, Hudson, NC,
Tallahassee, Fl, Beach Park, Il, Myersville, MD, Sagamore Hills, Oh,
Wamego,  Ks.
I have 8 boxes (7 with 36 and 1 with 18) left and will be searching my
list to see who I did not mail to.

These beds are not the best of quality although brand new. The ferrets
love the big ones, the little ones are good for putting in carriers or
Chinchilla Bathhouses (ferrets love those houses to crawl into and
snuggle safe and sound with one opening to protect against invaders).
Some even like them wrapped in a baby blanket.............

Precautions need to be taken. Do NOT dry in dryers, the heat will melt
the bottoms, and check for ferrets chewing on them. I have gotten
reports back that some will even bundle when washed. I had one do
that - I have used them myself. I got a report from one rescue that
had 4 which did and one I think the ferret chewed the inners, they
apparently like to dig on the fur lining in the bottom. We have mailed
out over 1500 now.

The larger ones were made in Mexico and the smaller ones in USA,
haven't heard of the smaller ones doing it. A report came in on the
larger ones and I expect to hear on the small ones too - it looks like
the same material was used on each. I appreciate these reports. The
more we learn, the more we can share with others on any problems
associated with the beds. They were made for Petco to be sold, I had
not tested them, assuming their being on the market meant they were a
okay. And they do warn you on the label not to dry in a dryer. or it
might say low heat. I think if air dried and watched for chewing, they
are fine and dandy.

Oh and I want to add, I have received WONDERFUL thank yous........both
emails and actual mail. To those of you who took that trouble, I thank
you for caring enough to let me know you did receive them And a special
special thanks to those who contributed for the postage and those who
added a little extra too. You wouldn't believe the tape I went through
putting two boxes together, or even the ones when I stuffed 3xs what it
was made to hold into it to save $$ on shipping.

Keep those reports coming in and I'll report so others will know.

Millie and her Danes at the
Texas Ferret Lovers Rescue
www.txferretrescue.org