Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:19:51 EST
It's been years since I posted last, but with all this about Modern Ferret
I just can't keep my mouth shut any longer.

I got the address for their magazine from an issue of Ferrets (I've
subscribed for 2 years now, and I happen to like that particular
magazine).  I sent a letter to them asking for subsription info.  They
sent me an info packet, and I mailed them a check the day after Christmas.
There was nothing in the info they sent about them having problems at that
time.  I was not a subscriber to the FML or the internet in general at
that time because for the last 3 years + I've been a long-haul truck
driver.  No internet access.  So I was unable to read their "journal" or
even visit the website.

My question is, if they were having problems and knew it would be a while
before they could even contemplate putting out another issue, why was my
check cashed a week after I mailed it?  Why not just hold it until they
knew they would be able to provide the product?  Or better yet, send it
back to me?  Sure 9-11 hit all of us hard.  I see that firsthand.  It's
hard to get loads where once it was easy.  People just aren't buying.  But
I'm sorry, when you pay for something (especially when it really could
have been used elsewhere) you ought to receive it.  If even just 1,000
people paid and have not received magazines, the amount of money quickly
adds up.  Just think of what that money could have done for shelter
operators across the country who desperately need it.  (BTW-my check is
on the way to the SOS)

I've sent 2 emails with no reply, and as much as I am trying to be patient
it *is* getting harder.  If you ignore a problem, it does not go away..
Is there anything we can do to at least just get our money back?

Love to all the fuzzies and their hoomans..  <<hugz>>

Shadera (the fuzzies "slave"), Kozmo, Luna, Slinky, Lily, Sassy, Cecil,
Chloe, Harry, and Alfonso