From:
Sedeca Gabrenas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 10:47:53 -0400
I just wanted to share with everyone the arrival of Cheevie's new playmate
(who hasn't picked her name yet).  She is a dark sable Marshall Farms
ferret (Charlotte, NC has so shortage).  The two are getting along better
than I expected.  For those who are concerned that a new ferret will take
all of the older ferrets attention, not in our case.  Cheevie is used to
having the run of our room at night.  She will lay on our feet when we get
in bed, and then after maybe half an hour she will get on the floor and
sleep in her bed.  Well, last night the baby cried because she had to stay
in the cage while Cheevie didn't.  I woke up around 3:00AM with a little
tickling at my ear.  Cheevie was trying to get situated on the pillow
between me and my husband.  She has never done that (and we're going to
have to stop it somehow, becasue it could be dangerous).  I think since
Cheevie slept with the baby that day and now has a friend, she was lonely
because she couldn't get tothe baby.  It was so cute, I put my hand up to
her, she cuddled up to it and went to sleep.  Finally, I put her back in
her bed when I was sure she was really asleep.

To Barbara with the night walking ferret,
Cheevie does the same thing.  She never liked walking in the day.
I thought she didn't like the outdoors.  We took her to this new golf
course one night (very few people), and she walked (ran, jumped, played
furiously) 7 holes.  I tried to put her in her travel bag several times,
all she wanted was a bit of water, and then out again.  She loved it.