From:
Tom Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 1995 15:20:32 -0400
Hi!  I am new but have enjoyed the FML so far.  I have a question about
my old lady ferret, Bear.  She is 7 years old and is in need of an
adrenalectomy.  I had blood taken today but it seems pretty certain that
this is the problem.  The results will be in Monday.

I have been quoted $280-340 for the surgery with a 50/50% risk.  Since
she is already 7 do I risk the surgery and hope she lives another couple
years?  Or do I hope for remission and just wait it out til I have to put
her to sleep?

Has anyone else been in this situation?  I love her dearly and don't want
her to suffer, yet I don't want to lose her in surgery if I opt to go
ahead with the surgery soon.  Help!!!  I don't know what to do!!

Thanks,
Worried Mom