From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 17:06:22 -0500
In reference to the post of little Penny who at age 2 has a dime sized bald
spot on the top of her head , not to be a wet blanket, but watch to see idf
this starts spreading.  You well may have the first indicator of adrenal
disease.  We have had both guys and gals strat this way... while the vet is
right to assume ringworm form the round pattern, we here at the shelter have
now had four which started out with a dime size patch of balding on the head
or neck and then the hair loss progressed.  The blueing on the hair in the
center was alos present.

I am not a vet, but have seen many more kids this year than I would ever
want to with adrenal disease... please file this away and if the syptoms
persist, have her checked for adrenal disease.

Happy ferreting,
Alicia
the shelter Mom