From:
Suzanne Duval <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:29:10 EDT
Yes I just wanted to comment on allergies... Your are absolutely right!
Some people do have severe allergies and asthma that are so severe it
is life threatening.  I have both allergies and asthma.  I've had very
bad reactions when being around cats.  Heart breaking to me as I love
animals!!

As I grew older the problem got less threatening but i'm also on
medication daily for both allergies and asthma.

I presently have 4 ferrets.  2 males - Cashew, Tiki and 2 females, Kiwi &
Peanut.  I'm severely allergic to cats and some dogs.  I also have a dog
but he is a bichon frise supposedly a non-allergy dog.  I'm actually
allergic to the world!  Everything from grass, rag weed to animals... but
currently I take both Zyrtec and Flonase for my allergies and would take
them forever just to keep my animals - God help me if I ever develop my
asthma too severe again..

I don't think i'm allergic to my ferrets as i'm always kissing and
hugging and holding them.  I don't think that any medication would help
this good.  But if I ever developed an allergy and had life threatening
asthma attack once again I don't think I could get rid of these babies,
that alone would kill me from a broken heart!  But yes some people do get
allergies and asthma and have to get rid of their pets.  It's not always
an excuse to just get rid of them.  I know that some people think I use
not visiting them because i'm allergic to their cat !!

Please.... these are the people that never saw me rushed to the hospital
in an ambulance having an asthma attack.  For those who are just using it
as an excuse to get rid of animals that is heartless and they should be
ashamed of themselves for not taking the time and effort to know what it
takes to really take care of these wonderful fallballs!  They should
never have gotten them in the first place!  Although it's best they don't
keep them, then they wouldn't take care of them and love them as much as
we do!

Dooks to ya all ... Suzane & the whole fur family

"We are led, when we share our loves, to an enchanted life of inner
happiness, which unsharing others cannot know."
Antonius Ferret, Fables
Richard Bach, Ferret Cronicles