From:
debra kindervatter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:52:19 -0400
I was just reading the list and saw that Lori Richardson received her new
albino female Nikita.  Just one correction in the story.  I'm the person
who arranged for Lori to get Nikita.  I do not have too many ferrets
(only 8).  About two weeks before Lori wrote her post asking for an
albino female, I was contacted by a woman who was moving to Florida and
didn't want to take her three ferrets.  My vet contacted me, so I took
them in.  Two of them were bonded and I had a friend who just lost both
her ferrets in the last year, so she adopted them.  I then saw Lori's
post, and contacted her concerning Nikita.

Nikita didn't have ear mites when she came to me (complete vet exam), but
she did stay at Dook 'n Dance for about two weeks.  Dook 'n Dance does a
great job of rescuing ferrets, but with all the ferrets that she has,
perhaps Nikita picked them up there.

I just wanted to correct the impression that I adopted Nikita out because
I had too many ferrets - I can never have too many ferrets.