From:
Cynthia and George <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:04:26 -0800
Thanks to anyone who responded to our request.  I called the police
department and got some direct information from the animal control officer.
She said that they ARE illegal right now, but was expecting today to have
an approved ordinance to make them legal.  Yay!  HOWEVER, she then called
me back and said that when she called to find out the status of the
ordinance, she learned that she has to start over and run it past a
committee who have to agree to it, and then a lawyer has to write the
ordinance (rather than her) and THEN it has to be approved.  Obviously, she
was frustrated that as the animal control officer she has no control over
animal ordinances, but said that she would be starting over again, and
seems committed to making ferrets technically legal in Eagan.

It's not as good as their being legal, but it can't be too bad if the
animal control officer wants them to be legal!

Cynthia and George