From:
Joanne Hinton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 21:01:38 -0700
Greetings!  I have a couple of questions regarding ferret math .  Presently
I own a female silver mitt named Minka Rue.  She is VERY small compared to
what I have seen.  She is 18 months old and at her last vet appt she weighed
in at a hefty 1 lb.  She is not under weight, though, just tiny.  One of her
paws is about the size of the top part of my index finger.  Which brings me
to my questions.  The ferrets I have been seeing to get as an accompaniament
to her are about at least twice her present size and these were kits.  How
much larger do kits get after about 11 weeks.  Will they double in size or
just get a little bigger, secondly is it an issue to have ferrets so
disproportionate in size if I do get a kit that is already that much larger
than she is?  She can be pretty aggressive and is FAST so I don't worry too
much about her getting knocked around, but one never knows.  Is this more
something that I would just have to introduce her to the new ferret and see
what happens?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joanne and Minka Rue (Mom what do you mean by rue the day....?? =) =)