Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:14:16 -0400
Okay-
maybe I missed something here-- BUT if the abuse is so great in this
Oregon shelter , If this is not an alarmist reaction to get money out of
pockets WHY HAS THIS NOT been reported to the authorities who could do
something?

The same people who damn authorities in one case have now destroyed
the evidence in another case.  I think for a logical and reasonable
standpoint that you cannot condemn the workings of the justice system -
destroy the evidence and then continue to expect them to function in a
just way.  You are using tactics for medeivil times and therefore you
HAVE NO BUSINESS expecting any type of legal backing!  What you have done
though with good intention is to guarantee that no justice for the
ferrets will be won in again this case.  SO PLEASE don't ram collector
abuser down our throats IF this is the case you would have taken
photographs & run to the local police so they could have drafted a
warrant!

I am not saying the conditions found were not horrific- what I am saying
is that this type of action will never EVER obtain any form of justice to
the animals.  If you are going to parade in and seize the evidence
without proper procedure you cannot and SHOULD NOT expect the law to do
it's work.  You have allowed another to go unpunished by removing the
evidence!  And now expect the broken hearts in the ferret community to
once again dig real deep and to pay ALL the damages even though there
will be no punishment or prosecution for the offender(s).  I am not
saying the ferrets do not deserve care - I am saying - hey guys you did
it all wrong.....!

Alicia D