From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:23:33 -0800
>From:    Pamela E Troutman and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Adoption policies at shelters - Pam's input

Hey Pam, Great post!

Hey everyone else, like she said...

Having been folks that adopted from Pam we did not feel her process was
invasive.  She had a lot of ferrets come in to her shelter but a lot also
went out.  It can work.

>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: AVAR; VETS and Vet Students; "property"
>THAT IS WORLDS AWAY FROM IT ACTUALLY BE VOTED UPON OR DOCUMENTED GROUP
>GOAL OR POLICY.

There is no reason to suspect a vote is in order.  Most corporations do
not work on democratic principles.  The goals of the leaders are the goals
of the group regardless of documentation.

Not having informed their membership of the full extent of their agenda
would put them in line with their fellow animal rights organizations PETA
and HSUS.  Many members of both of those organizations are not aware of
the real goals of the groups they belong to.

Scanned their website carefully, their are signs that the board does vote
on some of the "positions".  But not on how a member would get on the
board.

B&D
--
bill and diane killian