From:
LEO HUSER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:02:30 -0500
Finding a ferret that potties in the box 100% of the time will be hard to
find.  When someone finds one, please let me know!  As for cleaning up,
don't use Febreeze!  I have an article from a ferret show that I went
to that says how it could be harmful.  I think that Nature's Miracle is
a joke.  We used it, and the ferrets (we have 8) were unbothered by the
smell.  They kept going in the same spot.  We use white, distilled
vinegar ( we added a little more water) and there isn't much of a
problem.  The problem is with ferrets, is iti sn't only the smell, but
that they remember where they go!  Ours will back up at the same spot,
but just in front of the vinegar we sprayed.  They are so smart!  Vineagr
is a natural cleanser, so it works great for us.  Thankfully, ours have
about a 95% hit ratio in the boxes when out playing.  When we would see
one use a box, we always had a treat ready.  I think that is how they
learned.  Of course, they fake it sometimes, but we aren't fooled.  You
can "hear" ours go, if you know what I mean!  We have a command that they
know "go potty" and they find the litterbox and go.  It just takes a lot
of patience and training.