Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 18:23:24 -0800
Hi,

Both of my fuzzies came from petstores and I wouldn't trade them for
all of the shelter ferrets in the world. Zen was an owner surrender
and came from a local petstore which doesn't care for their animals
properly. He came home with me on 8-3-08. I was told by the manager
that Zen was only a year old but I highly doubt that because he was
just diagnosed with insulinoma last Tuesday.

Lillie was purchased from PETCO on 10-17-08. I felt guilty that I had
supported a ferret mill by purchasing a kit rather than adopting from a
shelter, but I couldn't just leave her there in that filthy enclosure
to an uncertain fate. They stole my heart as soon as I held them.

Please don't feel guilty about your decision to purchase rather than
adopt a ferret. It shouldn't matter where people get their pets, just
as long as they're loved and well taken care of.

Randie