From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 16:49:12 -0400
Well, I drove to Fredericksburg and got the two Martinsburg, W. Va
ferts! On the way home I stopped to let them take a potty break. I let
one loose in the grass but don't you know a darn big snake was there
and grabbed the little tyke and instantly wrapped coils around her! I
screamed and that scared the other one and she ran out onto I-95 and
got dunlopped! What a mess! I was going to bring the two ferts back to
the Annandale fert rescue, could slide one under the door and the other
was coiled so bad I could put that one thru the key hole.

Actually, the both made it here just fine. They are in their new cage
exploring. Is easy to see they have always been in a small cage. They
both go to the bottom floor of this huge cage. Is where they feel most
comfortable I guess. They have never seen ramps and don't know what to
do with them but in time they will learn as the others did and they
will really have a palace to hang out in. Their body tone is not there
from lack of exercise but that will change after a couple months living
here.

They are the most beautiful gentle little creatures, I am truly honored
to have them.

The story is that someone that lives near or in Martindale, W.Va.
bowls with the rescue owner and did the transport. Lisa Oestereich
transported them from Annandale to Fredericksburg where I picked them
up for the final leg to here in Mechanicsville, Va. Quite a trip for
two tiny female ferts but they made it fine and are now in their new
abode.

Am so very glad and happy to have these little creatures here in my
life. I am so very thankful for all the efforts of so many people that
donated their time and transport so I could have them. They will for
sure never be cooped in a small cage and will have tons of 'out' time.
I hope they will sleep with me like the others did. That would be the
frosting on the cake!

So for now they are acclimating to their new cage and learning the
'ropes' of it all and then they will be out to roam and get in trouble
like a fert should.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard and gave so much to the ferts and
to me. A huge thanks to BIG of the FML for without his dedication to
the posts this would never have happened and those little guys would
still be in W.Va. in a cage 24x7 forever. NOT !

Thanks!

Gordon

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation