From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 06:58:47 -0500
Dear Brian,
We have a ferret, male, that was mean to the other ferrets and wouldn't let
them eat, and he would fight them, we have 4 total.  So what I did, we have
two levels to our cage, I put a bowl and bottle on the second one for the
others, so it seemed to work out fine, if he was at one level, the others
could eat and drink on the others.  At times, before I thought of the idea,
I would remove him and put him into another cage, so give the others time to
eat and drink, but always kept another water bottle available on the second
story.  Water was most important I thought for them to have access to.

And after awhile, he finally stopped being so possessive.
Marti