From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 12:39:15 -0500
To those who are really in the dark here, let me attenmpt to claify
something.  The bulldog face is a natural growth pattern of an unaltered (
late altered) ferret.  You don't see many ferrets with the bulldog face as
most ferrets are early neuters for the pet shop industry.  Here we have four
late alter ferrets living in the family and five in the shelter.  The males
are the predominant bulldogs in facial structuring, the females are more
simialr in shape than their early neuter rivals.  Though my experience with
late alter "bulldogs" is now at approximately 24 ferrets in the past 18
months, let me assure that in NO INSTANCES have we had any type of disorders
with obstructions, impairments etc.

Our shelter mascot Ewok has a slight underbite, otherwise their have been no
strange canine or dental problems.  I think myslef that they are absolutely
handsome specimens and it is my OPINION that they will be helathier than the
early alter counterparts that reside here.