From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1993 12:27:44 -0500
to Brad:

Sorry Brad, but I laughed at the pain that Sebastian caused you.  :)
Yes, Cocoa scratched me once or twice when she was in my shirt, but
thankfully I was home and had no company so I quickly got her out!  :)

I also learned to wear a t-shirt under a sweatshirt and put her between
the two - protects the skin a bit.  She clawed the shirt and not me!
Of course, the t-shirt and sweatshirt idea doesn't work too well in the
summer.  :)

Could someone explain how the airlines ship pets to people.  I have heard
of dogs and cats being shipped elsewhere so I presume they have a safe
way to send them, although it doesn't sound like it from some of the
posts I have read here.  The reason I am asking is that I have considered
checking out one of the shelters in the states or even another part of
Canada, and it would prove more economical to have a ferret (or two) sent
to me as opposed to me going to look.  I can't quite afford to go
anywhere and I would like to adopt a ferret rather than buying from a pet
store.

I will phone my local airline and ask them about shipping, but I figured
someone out there would have some info.

Chris - sorry about the bounced mail.  I guess my mailer was acting up
this last weekend.  It appears to be fixed now.

Inez