From:
Kaye FitzGerald Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 18:38:30 +0000
 Hi Jennifer,
I don't recall saying that James Wellbeloved food had herring in it's top 3
ingredients.......but I may have inadvertantly given that impression.

The ingredients are listed as;
Poultry meat meal,ground whole wheat,soya oil,blood meal,chicken
digest,herring meal,poultry fat,sugar beet pulp,ground whole linseed,
vitamins and minerals,extract of yucca,preserved with antioxidants
natural vitamin E and vitamin C.

Typical analysis;protein 36%,oil 19%,fibre 2%,ash 8.8%.Vitamins (i.u.
per kg.):Vitamin A 20,000,Vitamin D3 1500,Vitamin E (alph-tocopherol
acetate)200.Copper (cupric suphate) 15mg/kg.
Calculated calorific value:4165 k.cal.per kg.

Hope that's of some interest to you.I don't believe it's available in the
States, and it is fairly new over here.Prior to this most ferrets were fed
bread and milk diets with some enlightened owners feeding raw meat, however
there were very few ,if any, pet ferrets around until recently!They are
regarded as working animals over here.WE are odd because we have ours as
pets who sometimes work!

Ciao for now,
K.